Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Winkin, Blinkin and Nod

Ahhh, the power of sleep. It is one of the most underrated, under appreciated parts of life. The new med for Chris was both a blessing and a curse. The good news is that Chris had a pretty good nights rest, two blocks of 3.5 hours each with a trip to the bathroom in between. The down side of the med was it took forever to wear off. I think she finally had a clear head around 1:00 pm this afternoon. We are grateful for the rest though. The afternoon has been really good. Chris was up and around for over 3 hours. We have had a nice chance to spend time together talking and laughing. I have really come to cherish these good stretches, they feed our soul and help us make it through the rough stretches.

The big news in the house is Catie got her hair cut shorter last night. She found a cut she liked in an old video, took a few digital photo's of the screen and took the camera into the salon so show the stylist. It's a really a cute cut.

I had a free half hour yesterday when Chris was trying to nap so I decided to go out and do a nearby Geocache. I figured out the location and was walking down the hill when I slipped on a mud patch sending me sliding toward a huge tree. I felt just like George of the Jungle watching out for that....TREE!!! I was able to break my fall and my left ring finger all at the same time! I'm now as busy as a one handed nurse...and that I can tell you is very busy indeed.

No comments: