Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Update from Chris

Hello Everyone, I continue to hang in there... had a little incident last night, when Cate decided to use my bathroom. She removed my hospital toilet cover (adds height), used the bathroom but then put the cover back incorrectly. Later that evening, I went to use it, not knowing it wasn't secure. Well... it slipped from under me and needless to say, that small landing on my bumm totally caused inflammation on my whole lower back. I was uncomfortable all evening and feel like I just stepped back 1 1/2 weeks in pain level. I'll call my doctors nurse later and explain what happened. Hopefully this will be the worst of matters and I'll improve by the end of the week.

I've been walking around to keep from getting too stiff and it seems to help relieve the pain. Poor Catie, she feels to bad but it was an innocent mistake. She promised to not enter my bathroom from now on. I believe this is minor and I hope to feel stronger soon. Jeff is back at work this week and I am alone from 9am to 3pm, time goes by slowly when you can't do much. I am making the best of things and enjoy catching up on TiVo programs, reading and taking naps.Once I am feeling stronger, I hope to get my scrapbooking stuff out and continue putting my picture books together.Sue plans to visit today and bring me lunch! She and Uncle Doug have been a huge blessing, always calling to check on me. It's so wonderful to have family near by. Have a good week and keep warm!

Love,

Chris

No comments: