Saturday, February 17, 2007

Good Night, Nurse!

Today was a pretty good day. Much like when you have a new born baby, you long for the day when the your little one sleeps through the night for the first time. Well, Chris and I kind of feel like that today. We did our usual routine of her sleeping in the bed and me on the couch. When I went in the check on her at 7:00am, she was just waking up. She rubbed her eyes, and asked me what time it was. Oh my gosh, I've been asleep since 12:30! Yea! A nearly full nights sleep, that's really big.

After her almost normal nights sleep, Chris had a quite day. No phone calls or visitors today. Today was also a pretty good day for pain management as well. I really think we have that down. I have a spread sheet that I use to keep track of when she needs to take her med's and how many MG of Tylenol she is taking. The limit per 24 hours is 4,000mg so the spread sheet really helps us to maximize the allowable dosage and keep her under the daily maximum. Chris loves to tease me about what a geek I am for charting this, but hey you can argue with success!

Alex is away for the weekend at a friends cabin on Pelican Lake, just north of Brainard. They are at a snow tubing park all day today and will be spending the night at the cabin before coming home late tomorrow. Catie and I went sledding at Waconia Park. The sledding hill they have there is huge, it almost feels like a mountain as you are climbing up. Then coming down you really hall butt, so we had a lot of fun. As I look over at Chris, she is reading people magazine, getting all the scoop on what is going to happen to Anna Nicole's baby. Not that she's interested, it's just Chris being a good supportive Quad/Graphics spouse supporting our biggest account! ;-) We are hopping for another night like last night so keep us in you prayers.

No comments: