Monday, February 26, 2007

Flying Solo

The day we have known was looming in our future has arrived. One we looked ftoward with both hope and fear and a wee bit of dread. The day I returned to work. The day I had to leave my sweet little patient on her own as I headed back to earn a living. Chris had her best night of sleep yet last night, 6 uninterrupted hours followed by another 2 hours. Add that up and you get 8 sweet glorious hours of rest. Just what the doctor ordered, and more importantly the patient needed. It's so nice to see her get up with a smile on her face, it makes me want to cry for joy.

I got the boys off to their appointment with the school bus, then helped Catie get ready for school. Chris wanted to take a shower before I left just in case she needed help. Well she didn't and she dressed herself as well. I left with Catie at 9:00, dropping her at school and headed to the office for the first time in two weeks. I had lots of follow-up on some of my prospects and clients, but for the most part things are under control. I really missed being able to talk to Chris whenever I wanted. I couldn't stop thinking of her, hoping she was doing OK. I checked in on her at noon to remind her of her noon med dose. She had already taken it and was doing well, just a little tired believe it or not. We spoke again at 3:00 and again at 4:00 to remind her of her med. She took a nap and said she felt really good.

We had another yummy meal courtesy of Barb from the neighborhood Bunco group. Chris helped Catie with her homework and then they read to each other. We are now settling in to a nice quiet evening together. I'm so happy the day went better than I dared imagine. Thank you Lord.

No comments: