Monday, February 12, 2007

Mamma Bird is back in the nest!!

Chris is home! I spent the morning with her before being released around 1:30 pm. We enjoyed a relaxing lunch in her room, a meal that she ate sitting in a chair, the first time I'd seen that since breakfast on Super Bowl Sunday. We had to buy a few aides to make her stay at home more comfortable so we got those on the way home. She is all settled in and comfy on the couch. The kids and I are sooo happy to have her home. It's just not home without Mom in the house!

Once Chris was all set on the couch we had a great conversation about the last week. We kind of went through the whole time line from both of our perspectives. There were so many gaps where we were apart and didn't really know that the other was doing and dealing with. It was really nice to sit and talk and laugh. Hearing her laugh and seeing her smile are the two things I missed the most while Chris was in the hospital. Even though she's moving slow, I feel like I have old sparky wife back. Life is sweet, thank you God for bringing her back to us.

The beautiful flowers that so many people sent are now spread throughout the house, bringing the same beauty, fragrance and joy to our house that they brought to Chris' room. I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow that I will post on the web site so I have a record of all the great arraignments.

The staff as Methodist Hospital was simply fabulous. They became a second family to Chris, loving her and caring for her as if she were there own sister. All in all as difficult as the surgery was on Chris, the hospital and Doctors and staff were a blessing that made it all somehow manageable. We are now looking forward the the first few weeks of recovery at home.

No comments: