Thursday, October 29, 2020

Post River Quarantine Update (10/29/20)

Got home on Tuesday evening and immediately went for a Covid 19 test. Since it’s 2-4 days before the test results come back, I’m self quarantined in the mean time. Can’t wait give my wife and son a big hug!!! 

In the interim I have time to kill so I’m going through all my photos from the trip. I’ll be posting a few fun images over the next few days. To kick thinks off, below is the end of the first day of paddling in Northern MN and the last day of paddling in the Gulf off Mexico.

Paddling just down river from the source at Lake Itasca State Park

Arriving at the open waters of the Gulf of Mexico

Looking back at these two images, I’m struck by how narrow the head waters are compared to the wide open ocean that is the Gulf of Mexico. What a contrast! 



 

3 comments:

Mike Porter said...

John, I just finished reading your Blog covering your Mississippi River Trip. Great job. I really enjoyed it. I would like to visit with you sometime as I have several questions. I am going to be doing the Miss River from lake Itasca to the Gulf in 2021. Cant wait.

Jeff Wunrow said...

Sure thing, send me your contact info and we can set up a video call. By the way, I’m Jeff, not Jon.

Anonymous said...

Jeff ...sorry for calling you Jon. My contact info: Mike Porter email: mike.e.porter@outlook.com cell: (563) 468-8514