Saturday, September 26, 2020

Day 14 (9/26/20)

Empty or Full our Boats hate the wind
Start: River Mile 872
Finish: River Mile 846
Day Total: 25 Mile
Segment Total: 386 Miles

Today was supposed to be an easy 25 mile day in empty boats with minimal wind. We put in back at the Tiptonville boat ramp with the help of Mike Hopper and his trailer. The end goal was to paddle to Caruthersville, MO were Lesley would meet us at the ramp. The timing worked out great, we made it to the ramp at 3:30. The landing is on the town riverfront and has large commercial barge terminals. As a result the water coming into he landing was pretty rough, for a 15 mph wind adding to the mayhem. I almost dumped my boat getting out, but finally got onto dry land in one piece. 

Our boats are locked up at a tackle shop a few blocks up from the water. Leslie will drop us and our gear and supplied there in the morning were we will load up and be back on our way to the Gulf, just under 850 miles away. 

The quote of the day comes from yours truly. “The people that we meet along the way are the seasoning to the Gumbo that is our paddle to the Gulf.”

Jon and I arrive in Caruthersville MO

That’s my boy Jonny, way back there!
 
Deep in concentration organizing my boat. 

Lil Pug eyeing up my coffee. 





2 comments:

TD said...

I love Little Pug! ❤️ Really enjoying your blog Jeff! Your trip is so inspirational in so many ways. Miss you!!

Jeff Wunrow said...

Thanks Tracy! It’s sure a blessing to me able to do this!