Friday, August 17, 2018

Mississippi River - After Thoughts

Although my 12 foot boat worked fine for this 3 day trip, I'm not sure it will be big enough for a full blown source to sea paddle. For that trip I will need to pack more food, more clothing, fuel and stove and portage wheels.

I definitely want a bigger tent. Ideally a very light and compact 2 person tent that will allow room for me to sit and move around and still have room for gear. In an extended trip, there will be times when I have to wait out rain.

I brought way to much food. I could have paddled two more days if I had just two more cans of dinner. Breakfast, lunch and snacks where more than enough for extra days.

I needed to bring at least 1 more gallon of water. If I stressed out about anything on this trip it was that I would run out of water. Can't have that on a long trip.

The river is not too big for me. I learned to read the river pretty quickly. At the end of each day, I knew I could have gone further. I can and will complete the source to sea!

No comments: