Friday, August 17, 2018

Mississippi River 8/15/2018 8:00 pm

This site was in the direct sun from the time I arrived until 8:00. I was so hot from paddling, then just roasting while in camp. I was able to was into the trees and lay out my mattress and read, but it was still hot with now moving air. The one good thing was since it was so hot, and my boat was sitting right in the sun, I used the dry hatch to put my can of chili in and after a hour it was probably 130 degrees, perfect for eating!

My main job before going to bed was to send Nik my pick up point info so he would know where to go. My original was going to be Mississippi West Regional Park, just west of Anoka. Well, I couldn't find it on Google maps to send him the location so I had to move up river 3 miles to the boat ramp in the little town of Dayton. I was able to get that sent out and then turn in for the night.

No comments: