Friday, August 17, 2018

Mississippi River 8/16/2018 8:45 am

Woke up at 7:30 this morning feeling sleepy but not sore. I have to say, I was pretty worried going into this trip that I would be in a ton of pain for the majority of the time. In fact, I found a nice easy paddling stroke that allowed me to keep a steady 3-4 mph pace. The number of miles I paddled, was based on where the next camp was, not how far I could go.

I had 12 river miles to go to get to the meeting point with Nik at the confluence of the Mississippi and Crow rivers. I knew that if I paddled with only one small break, I could make it there my our agreed upon 1:00 pm time. I was able to eat, break camp and get packed up in just over and hour, way better than the two hours it took the day before.

This was just supposed to be a selfie, but I accidently caught myself mid yawn.

The little blue tent served me well, but for next year I want one I can sit up in 
Here you can see how I up from the river the camp is


No comments: