Thursday, December 04, 2008

Birthday Thanks

I celebrated my 48th birthday today. It was a hectic and busy day at work which at times made it hard to remember that it was my birthday. However, I received many birthday wishes throughout the day from Co-workers, Friends and Family. As is an indication of the times that we live in, these greetings came in many forms, Cards, phone calls, SMS texts, e-mails, Facebook posts and of course, good old fashioned face to face human contact...still my favorite! As I went through my day I knew I had the evening with my family to look forward to. We had a nice quiet evening at home. Chris prepared a delicious surf and turf dinner of Coconut Shrimp, grilled Steak Fillet, steamed broccoli and baked potato. Add as glass of red wine and it was better than any restaurant! It was really nice to have dinner together as a family. With all of us having such busy schedules these moments are rare, which makes them all the more precious when we can make them happen. That was probably the best birthday gift of them all. Thank you to everyone that reached out to make my day special and especially Chris and the kids for making it so perfect. I am truly blessed.

Catie gave me a new aluminum water bottle

Alex, the reader in our family gave me Barak's New Book

Chris and Nik combined to give me a new Packer Jersey


No comments: