Saturday, November 29, 2008

Zen Bowling

Today was a fun day. Dave and I went Geocaching in the morning for about 3 hours, adding 11 finds to our totals. All the caches were within 4 miles of my house. I'm always amazed at how many caches there are out there, right under the noses of the unsuspecting public. The average citizen drives or walks within 500 feet of a cache everyday. In the afternoon, the girls (Chris, Tracy and Catie) went to go see a movie, while the boys (Me, Alex, Nik, Dave, Cory and Jamie) went to our local bowling alley. I am most definitely not a bowler, I've probably played 5 times in the last 15 years. I don't throw a powerful ball, no break to it. It just rolls along straight down the lane. At best I get 1 strike per game. That has been my experience with this sport. So, when I scored a strike in the 1st frame, I was excited, but at the same time thought, well it's all down hill from here. The 2nd frame I collected a spare. In the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th frames....strike, strike, strike, strike, strike, STRIKE! Wow!!! Well, I came back down to reality in the 8th and 9th leaving pins standing in each frame. I did rally in the 10th picking up my final spare to end the game with a 201! My best game up to this point in my life was a 125 so I was completely shocked. Dave said I reminded him of the way my Mom bowled. Nothing flashy powerful, just the same every time. I think Mom would have enjoyed watching me today. Who knows, maybe she did.

1 comment:

TD said...

I still remember YEARS ago, Dad, Mom and just about all of us, in the GREEN van driving downtown Milwaukee, through Shorewood, etc, and going bowling in some small bowling alley. Memories!! Tracy