Sunday, November 23, 2008

How Tired do you Have to Be?

I had a very busy work week. I was in Colorado on Monday and Tuesday. I flew back into town Tuesday night at 10:30pm, got home at 11:00pm, unpacked and repacked my suitcase, finish my presentation and get some shut eye. I woke a 3:30 am the following morning for a trip to the office to print out my presentation, and a 90 mile drive to Mankato to deliver my presentation. Delivered the presentation (nailed it!) and drove directly from Mankato to Milwaukee for press OK with a new client. Had a good nights sleep on Wednesday night before the client arrived, and got up a 5:00 to workout and then meet the client for breakfast. Spent the entire day waiting for press to start, they were delayed by numerous mechanical and scheduling delays.

We got a chance to see our first press run at 11:00 pm, then were called in for following forms every 2 1/2 hours. Killed time in between watching movies in the conference room on the projection system (a big hit with clients) and eating popcorn. We were able to break away for a for a couple hours of sleep at the hotel then back at the plant by 7am. Several more press checks then a break to run the client back the hotel to freshen up. I was sitting in a hard back chair in the breakfast area waiting for the cleint and was soo tired I dozed off. My coworker Jay took a picture of me with his camera phone and sent it to me with the caption of "This about sums it up..." This eventually came to represent the trip as a whole. After this photo was taken at 1:30 pm we worked through the day, not finishing the last form until 11:30pm on Friday night. We took the client out for a glass of wine and ultimately retired to our hotel at 2am! We got up a 7 am on Saturday and drove back home, 6 hours later rolling into the driveway. What a week! Ultimately a successfull one, but I'm really looking forward to a long 5 day weekend next week.

Not a pretty picture is it?


No comments: