Saturday, December 29, 2007

Life Tips for Nik

At Nik's High School Graduation party I asked everyone to jot down on a 3" x 5" index card a life tip for him. Something meaningful to carry Nik onto the next phase of his life and beyond. I had been meaning to do something with them and finally have some time to collect them into one place. So, without further delay, here are your life tips Nik, use them well!

"Close the lid when you are done on the throne and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds!"
- Julie Culver (my sister, Niks' aunt)

"When tipping at a restaurant, start your tip at 20% and adjust down based on service."
- Uncle Fun (my brother Dave, Niks' uncle and God Father)

"Nik, Always keep your beautiful smile!"
- Rosanna Wunrow (my aunt, Niks' great aunt)

"Nik, you are ready for life. Set goals and reach them and always move forward by continuing to set goals."
- Daryl Wunrow (my Dad, Niks' Grandpa)

"Nikolas, Trust God. One thing I have learned is that things happen on Gods time, not our time and he is always right."
- Tracy Wunrow (my sister in-law, Niks' aunt and God Mother)

"Keep focused. The first semester can be the hardest, it's all downhill after that! Best of luck."
- Noel Worden (Christina's God Son)

"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer!"
- Dean Culver (my brother in-law, Niks' uncle)

"Enjoy Life! Be yourself. Have fun with your family."
- Diane Renk (my aunt, Niks' great aunt)

"Nik, follow your dreams - listen to others advice but follow your heart."
- John Eschenbacher (my cousin Darci's husband)

"Don't worry, be happy!"
- Emma Wunrow (my cousin Steve's daughter)

No comments: