Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Mountain Cabin - Part 2


Slept is late this morning, the gang didn’t really get started with breakfast until after 9:00am. I got out for an hour of caching after breakfast. After lunch we headed into Big Bear Lake to see the movie Cheaper by the Dozen 2. We all enjoyed the show. After a bit of shopping we set out to find firewood for the night’s fire. In my effort to save some money I visited several places and ultimately had two of my options close before I could go back and make my purchase. Finally, I ended up spending $12 for two puny little bundles of wood. So much for trying to save money!

Now that the fire I going, we are enjoying a nice game of Scrabble with Alex, Catie and I. We also enjoyed reading the guest journal. One in particular was pretty funny. Here is an excerpt.

The snow continues to pile up outside. Our stores ran out five days ago, and we subsist by consuming the occasional spider and rationing our one remaining role of fruit flavored Certs. Each time I look at Joanna she appears more like a meal than a person. I fear this will be our last entry as I no longer have the strength to write…but seriously…we had a wonderful time at your cabin and offer our deepest thanks for the scope of your benevolence.
- Sunday July 6, 2003


Of course this is tongue in cheek as in July it was probably 80 degrees. We are here at the end of December and it is 55 degrees during the day and 35 degrees at night. We had hoped to find some snow to ski in, but no luck this trip.

No comments: