Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Mountain Cabin - Part 1



We arrived in Green Valley Lake last night just after dark. This was our first look at the cabin we had rented, and we were pleasantly surprised. Judging from the construction and the décor I’d have to say it was built sometime in the late 50’s or early 60’s. The main level includes the living room, dining room kitchen, bathroom and one bedroom with two single beds. There is also a loft that has a queen bed. The décor is rustic, but it fits in very nicely with the community of Green Valley Lake, very quite and laid back, not like the mad house that Big Bear is this time of year.

Today we spent the morning relaxing. Alex and Catie spent part of the morning collecting kindling for our fire tonight. I spent several hours learning how to use my new Garman 60cs GPS receiver. I got it all set up and also entered the 38 cache waypoints I had printed out for the area. Alex and Catie spent the morning playing Animal Crossing on their Nintendo DS. It’s pretty cool, they connect to each others DS via Wi-Fi so they can play the game together at the same time.

After a yummy lunch of tortilla soup we headed into Big Bear Lake to do some caching. We did a total of six caches, with no DNF’s, which is always great. Chris did all but one of them with me. I really enjoyed having her with me. I think I’ve turning her around a little bit on the whole caching thing! After caching we had a nice dinner at Sizzler. The night ended with us watching DVD’s on my laptop with a great fire warming our cabin.

No comments: