Sunday, August 28, 2005

Listen to the Music!

Chris was working the antelope County fair again today. The kids and I had plans to do some shopping and hang out by the pool. Around 2:00pm Chris called to say that the Doobie Brothers, one of her favorite bands growing up were going to be playing at the main stage at the fair. She asked if I'd like to go with her after her shift ended at 7:00pm. I did, and we did. When I told the kids that Mom and I were going to a Rock concert, Catie's response was "Mom's going to a Rock and Roll Concert?. She doesn't like Rock and Roll!" I had to explain that Rock has been around a long time, this was a band the Mom and Dad grew up listing to. What a fun evening. They played all their hits. Brought back lots of great memories. They really sounded good, really tight. At one point we called the kids on Chris' cell phone so they could hear the Doobies belting out "Rockin' down the highway" They really got a kick out it. After the show we shared a desert, and checked in on the girls running the Cookie Lee booth before heading home. What a fun and spontaneous evening!

No comments: