Saturday, January 26, 2008

Grandpa's Christmas Surprise!

Having lived out of state for the last 18 years, one of the way's our family has adjusted to holiday gift giving is my Dad sends Chris and I a check to cover the gifts for the five of us. This year, I was teasing Dad that I was holding out on telling him what I bought for my self on his behalf, because Christmas is all about surprises. This way the gift will still be a surprise, except surprise is on him! I've been stringing this along for over a month now so I feel it is time to reveal the big news. I had a chance today to actually go out and use the gift that Dad and Bonnie got me. So without further adieu, I will reveal the surprise by way of pictures. Can you figure out what the gift is?

Nope, its not a hat, or a jacket, or an all expenses paid trip to Lake Minnewashta...

It's a pair of Atlas Snowshoes!

I found these Atlas Showshoes on the REI Outlet site a couple of weeks before Christmas for 75% off. I could not believe what a smokin' deal it was. I placed the order and anxiously waited for them to be shipped to my local REI for pick up. Well, I kinda misread the fine print and instead of arriving two days before Christmas, they arrived two weeks after Christmas! The good news is I have them now, and there is still plenty of snow on the ground. I did go Lake Minnewashta Park today and gave them a trial run. I had a great time, romping around off the beaten trail. Thanks Dad and Bonnie! It was a Merry Christmas!

No comments: