Saturday, June 30, 2007

A Boy and his Mac

Anyone that knows my son Nik knows how much of an Apple fan he is. He has had an iPod for over 4 years. He has dreamed about the day when he would also have his own Mac. Both Catie and Alex have over the last couple of years purchased desktop PC's because they wanted a computer and the PC's were cheap. On many an occasion I told Nik if he really wanted a computer he could afford a PC right then. But Nik knew what he wanted and he wanted a Mac laptop. He as been saving for one for over 2 years. Well, after all the graduation gifts were opened, and all the money counted he realized he had enough to get his dream machine. So, on the Sunday after graduation Chris and I drove Nik over to the Apple store in Eden Prairie. There he worked out the specification of the Macbook he wanted, even getting a student discount and some rebate savings. He walked out of the store the proud owner of a white Apple MacBook laptop. It's so beautiful, I totally have laptop envy every time I'm using my IBM Thinkpad and Nik is tapping away on is MacBook! Congratulations Nik on the reward to sticking with your dreams and making them happen!

No comments: