Sunday, July 01, 2007

The Fifth Beatle

We had a fun day today. Uncle Gary invited us to his house for a family get together. All of his sons (my cousins) were getting together for Sunday afternoon. Jon was in town from Sitka Alaska with his girlfriend Leslie, Dan was in town from his missionary work in China with his wife Kathy and their 3 kids, Aaron was in town from northern Minnesota with his wife Mary and their two kids and Steve and his wife Martha and their 3 kids made the big trip from St. Paul. It was a beautiful summer afternoon, not too hot and no mosquito's.

Jon and I had to rack our brains to figure out how long it had been since we had seen each other. I think we finally settled on Grandpa Wunrow's funeral, which was almost 17 years ago! I'm pretty sure that it had been that long since Aaron and I saw each other as well. It was really nice reconnecting with all the brothers, but Aaron and Jon in particular since is had been so long since we has seen each other.

The highlight of the day was my anointing of 5th brother status. It felt like Pete Best, the 5th Beatle (anyone younger that 40 may want to google that name!) only instead of being the forgotten Beatle, I was the remembered brother! I felt right at home with all my bro's and my "Mom and Dad" made me feel very welcome. They even asked me to pitch in for Aunt Rosanna's birthday present. Hmmm, wait a minute...maybe this was all a sham to get me to pony up some cash?! Well, either way I'm still glad to be a part of the family.

I had quite a few requests from my brothers to have access to the photo's we took today. So, I've created a photo album on my web site so you can view them. Also for anyone that want's the hi-res images to get prints made, I copied them into the share folder on the web site. You can grab all of them or only the ones you want.

1 comment:

HIS Ambassadors to the Nations said...

We enjoyed seeing you all. The time was brief, but the memory will live on.