Saturday, January 24, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I had a friend of mine ask me to do a like like this as part of a Facebook project. I figured that since I had put all that work into it, I should have it on my blog as well. So, here you go!
  1. I've been happily married to my wife Christina for 26 years
  2. In that time we have been married we've lived in 2 apartments, 2 town homes, and 4 houses.
  3. I have lived in Wisconsin, California and Minnesota
  4. During almost all of this time (25 years) I have worked for the same company, Quad Graphics
  5. In my time at Quad I have been a Jogger, Roll Tender, Cameraman, Stripper (not the kind you are thinking) Customer Service Rep, Customer Service Manager, Imaging Sales Rep, Imaging Sales Manager, Operations Manager and Sales Leader.
  6. I have found Geocaches in 31 states. If you have to ask what a Geocache is, then you don't know me very well (www.geocaching.com)
  7. I was a published auto racing photographer at age 17
  8. Celebrities I've see include Liam Neeson, Lisa Bonet, Dustin Hoffman, Jim Carey, Florence Henderson, Holly Barry and Samuel L. Jackson
  9. Saw Samuel L. Jackson having lunch with Larry Flint at the Four Seasons in LA
  10. I've climbed 6 Mountains, 3 of them over 14,000 feet tall.
  11. I've canoed and rafted with my Dad on 3 occasions. Each trip included at least 1 near death experience!
  12. While hiking in the Anza-Borrego desert, I came across a fellow hiker wearing only boots and a hat!
  13. While Kayaking with my Friend Jeff Porter in the Channel Islands off the California Coast, Jeff and his son Zack were being blown out to the open ocean by a fierce off shore wind. I took almost 2 hours to get them back to shore.
  14. My kids and I have visited over 35 National Parks in the US
  15. We have not done much international travel but have been to Canada and Mexico on numerous occasions.
  16. While in Mexico with my Mom, Dad and Chris, I was the only one to not come down with a crippling case of Montezuma's revenge!
  17. On a recent press check with a client we were up for over 36 hours strait. I was so tired, I feel asleep sitting up in the hotel dinning room.
  18. While living in California, a wild fire forced us to be evacuated from our home. It was amazing how few things we took with us. The most important thing was that we all made it out safely together!
  19. I'm the oldest of 6 children, 3 boys and 3 girls. Two of my sisters are identical twins.
  20. I was a distance runner in High School. It is true that the older I get, the faster I was!
  21. Now that I live in the land of 10,000 lakes, I have developed a passion for the paddle sports of canoeing and kayaking.
  22. I've had to learn to walk three times in my life. Once at age 1. Once at age 4 after having Legg–Perthes Synrome and once at age 8 after recovering from Rheumatic fever.
  23. The treatment for Legg-Perthes in the early 1960's was complete immobilization from the waist down for 12 months. This was accomplished by strapping me to a board with wheels.
  24. Growing up in WI (the dairy state) my parents and I would make Oleo (fake Butter) runs to Illinois as it was not sold in WI.
  25. I can't spell worth a damn. Thank God for spell check.

No comments: