Sunday, February 24, 2008

Just Enough Cooks in the Kitchen

I came home from my week long business trip on Friday evening feeling a bit run down. Saturday I spent the majority of the day laying low. I napped several times, a clear message from my body that I've been pushing too hard. Chris had been talking all day about a new recipe that she saw on Jamie Oliver's new show on Food Network. Around 5pm I was feeling better so we teamed up and prepared Jamie's "Cheat's Pappardelle with Slow-Braised Leeks and Crispy Porcini Pangrattato" I honestly had never tried Leeks before so I wasn't sure what to expect. We also made the pasta from scratch which is the best way to ensure a killer dish! We spend a fun couple of hours in the kitchen prepping, cooking sipping wine and catching up on each others week. The meal was amazing, one I know we'll make again. It was great way to spend time together and have a delicious meal to share with the family.

Chris has a Cookie Lee show this afternoon. She and Catie will be working there most of the afternoon. My sister Julie and her family will be in Minneapolis for a several hour layover on their way home from Sacramento, CA. I plan on meeting them at the Mall of America to spend some time together. Then tonight, we make some popcorn and snuggle up on the couch to watch the Oscars.

No comments: