Sunday, October 28, 2007

Blast from the Past

Back in the early 90's while we were living in Southern California one of Chris' favorite TV shows was the Home Show with Gary Coleman. She even got a chance to take my Mom to see a live taping during one of Mom and Dads visits to our house in Corona. During that show, as they were going to commercial break the camera panned the audience and stopped with a close up of Chris and my Mom. A few weeks later a producer from the show called the house looking for Chris. When she had signed up for tickets she had noted in her profile that she was a mother of two living in So Cal. They wanted to know if she would be interested in being on the show as part of a segment on tandem baby strollers. Even though she is kind of camera shy, Chris decided to to it. I mean how many times in your life do you get to be on National Television!?

The whole experience was pretty cool. Since the broadcast was at 7:00 am Pacific (for a 10:00am time slot in New York). They put us up in a really nice hotel in Beverly Hills. They picked Chris up 90 minutes before the show for hair and makeup. I had to get the boys there just before the show was to start. The segment went really well and Chris and the kids looked awesome! Below is a clip that my Dad had recorded in VHS all those years ago. He recently added it to his YouTube library. Thanks Dad for making this little piece of family history and Christina's 15 minutes of fame available on line.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Hey Jeff/Chris- Great to hear from you and it was fun watching your video! The boys have grown up, but Chris has hardly changed (well, maybe the hair and clothes a little!).

By the way, if you want to catch me on YouTube, I'm in a video someone uploaded at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCfOCq_f2NY. It's about the internationals ministry that I'm involved in. If you check it out, I wasn't having eyebrow seizures, I was just looking directly into the sun. :-)

Dan