Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Road to MN - Day s Four and Five

Spent the night in Cour d' Alene Idaho last night. We had a great drive from Portland along the Columbia River, up through Eastern Washington and finally into Cour d' Alene. Chris zonked out almost imediately after getting settled into our room. She's not used to having to do all the driving, but since we have two cars we both get to drive full time. She woke up this morning with a much reduced amount of back pain, so praise the Lord she is feeling better.

I woke up around 5:00am this morning to so some Geocaching. I have never found a cache in Idaho or Washington, to this was my chance to check both of these states off my list. I got out just as the sun was coming up, my favorite time of day. I found the On the Line cache in Washington. I was also able to find the Garlic cache in Idaho, located next to a Greek Resturant. So, I've now found caches in 19 states, 40% of the way to my goal of finding caches in all 50 states.

Today we drove through the Idaho pan handle and through the Bitter Root Mountains in western Montana on the way to Kalispell. This town is the gateway to Glacier Nat'l Park where we will be exploring tomorrow. Nik and I have been listen to the audiobook Undaunted Courage, the story of the Lewis and Clark Expedition written by Stephen Ambrose. A big part of there adventure took place in this part of the country. We drove by Lewis and Clark University in Idaho and I-90 follows the same path as the Clark Fork river.

We arrived in Kalispell around 5:30pm. Chris got out of the car and for the second day was able to walk to the hotel without crutches. I pray she continues to heal so we can enjoy the rest of our trip and actually relax and recharge our batteries from the stress of the move. I'm short of running out of steam from the early caching and long day of driving so I'm going to sign off.

No comments: