Saturday, December 29, 2018

Photo Sharing

Sharing family photo's was one of my earliest goals, long before social media was even around. As a Mac user I loved the ability to create my own web site, managing it with the tools Apple provided on my Mac. From 2000 I had built a very robust family photo web site. Unfortunately, 10 years in, Apple killed their iWeb platform and gone was my site and all the work that had gone into it.

For years I have been trying to find a way to replicate this site, but with no real success. I have been loosely maintaining my Blogger site since 2005. With the migration to smartphones and the cloud based photo storage that comes with them, I finally realized there might be another way.

Since Apple killed iWeb, I have made a conscious decision not to rely on their platform for any of my personal sharing needs. Auto syncing my phones photos to Google Photos seemed like a good way of assuring my images would be safe on a non-Apple platform.

So, after playing around with creating Albums on Google Photos, I've added a Photo Gallery page to my Blog. Here I can include links to individual Google albums. 

No comments: