Sunday, October 10, 2010

A rant before bedtime

It's almost time for bed, but I need to clear my mind one final time before I call it a day. I was so frustrated by the way my beloved Green Bay Packers and played the last three weeks that their overtime loss to the Washington Redskins just pushed me over the edge. Thankfully my son Alex called me from his home in Lincoln Nebraska and we ranted for a while together. Then right when he had hit our peak, he pulls out the "Hey Dad, did you see that the Corn Huskers are ranked fourth the nation after last weeks game?" Yeah, he's pretty wise for an 18 year old. We had a nice conversation about his Huskers and ended the call feeling much better.

Now, the Packers do have a lot of key injuries, their next four opponents are going to be very tough. They may not even win any of the games. But, it's sports and entertainment. It's up to me the fan to keep this all in perspective. Hey, you never know, they could go 3-1 over the next month and everything will look rosy. Even if they don't, I'll still be a fan, I'll still watch every game and I'll always cheer hard and hope for the best. Go Pack Go!

No comments: