Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day

Valentines day has always been a day marketed to us as the one time of year to show your spouse how much you care for him/her by purchasing drastically overpriced flowers and candy, fighting huge crowds to dine at a restaurant or see a movie at the theatre. As we started raising our children, Chris and came to the realization that all of the things that Valentines encourages us to pack into a single day are really actions that we wanted to make a part of our daily lives. Giving flowers through out the year, surprising each other with a night out for dinner and a movie and expressing our love and appreciation for each other in hundreds of small but meaningful ways helps us to keep the Valentines Day spirit throughout the year. Not to say we ignore the actual day, we just keep it more now key with a focus more on each other and our kids. Chris made a beautiful Ahi Tuna dinner with roasted potatoes and salad. Catie, Nik and I made heart shaped cookies and Chris and I enjoyed a movie on DVD. All of which were much more meaningful to us than fighting the crowds and stressing out. I hope you all had a chance to spend Valentines with those that are special in your life. I encourage you to keep the spirit of Valentines day alive throughout the year.

Our fabulous Valentines Day dinner


Our assortment of yummy cookies


1 comment:

Dan said...

I am so not into Twitter that I didn't see your comment to me until I noticed it in your Twitter section of your blog. :-) I know Tweeting is the center of the universe, but I'm finding another center at the moment. My Final Cut software just arrived a couple days ago and I'm going to be taking my iMovies to a whole 'nother level!

Sounds like you all had a nice V-tines Day. We got dumped on with a nice 7 inches of snow on Friday, but the weekend was great. White but not too cold.