Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Three Hour Tour

As many of you know, I love to spend time paddling on Lake Minnetonka. It's close to home and is a very interesting and diverse body of water. One that is also rich in local history. It's rare that I get a chance to explore large parts at once due the limits of my kayaks range. So, when I was invited to join a group of guys from work to do a evening of motor boating on Tonka, I jumped at the chance. Our Photo sales rep Ron met us at the dock at 5:30 on a sunny 90 degree mid August day. Joining Cap'n Ron for the evening was the fearless crew of Daryl Yau, John Pischke, his brother Mike and myself. We spend the next 3 plus hours exploring many of the bays and inlets that make Lake Minnetonka so unique. As the sun set, the weather cooled and we were treated to some beautiful sunset colors. This experience really makes me want to someday get what Catie calls a REAL BOAT, a reference to all the paddle boats we have now. Someday kiddo, someday. Thanks to Cap'n Ron and his good ship and crew for a great evening on the water!

Cap'n Ron and Crew (L to R Ron, Daryl, Mike and JP)

Sunset on Lake Minnetonka

No comments: