Sunday, March 05, 2006

Formula One - Gettin' Ready for round 1




With the start of the Formula One season less than one week way, my thoughts are now firmly fixed on the World Campionship. I typically don't like to make a prediction until after the second race of the season. By then I've had a chance to see the cars through a couple of practice and Quali's and have a much better feel for how the teams look. However, sight unseen there are a few things I think will happen

- Kimi will sign with Ferrari, as Michael retires.
- Filipe Masa will get at least one podium finish.
- Nico Rosberg will finish the season ahead of Mark Webber in points.
- Ralf Scumacher will still suck!
- Toyota will not ever reach their potential until Jan Brady, err I mean Ralf Schumacher is gone...Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!

Does anyone else remember that the last time the Super Aguri car (aka Arrows) raced was in 2002?! Good God that's 4 years ago! How slow are they going to be? Any chance they won't be lapped at least twice at every race? I doubt it. The single biggest wild card for the championship is how many front runners Taku will take out fighting to not be lapped. That more that any other dynamic will determine the championship this year.

Also, I've heard about the latest talks between Kevin Kalkoven and Tony George regarding a reunification of Champ Car and IRL? Robin Miller broke the story on Speed news last Sunday, but I haven't seen anything written anywhere else. Funny how even though Tony has the Indy 500 he knows that Champ Car is eating his lunch. I really hope they can petty politics aside and create one really strong series. CART in the 80's and 90's was arguably a much better show that F1. I'd love to see us get back there.

5 days until P2 on SpeedTV...oh man I'm soooo freakin' ready!

No comments: