Friday, November 11, 2005

Podcast Convention Wrap-up


The boys and I are home from the Podcast Convention. It was a really neat experience, and I'm happy that I could share it with Nik and Alex. Nik was super excited to get a chance to see Leo Laporte give the keynote address to open the show. He is such a fun personality and very comfortable on stage. Nik had a smile on his face from ear to ear during the presentation. Oh, did I mention that Leo is a Mac guy? Know wonder Nik and I like him so much. Later in the day we where back in the keynote hall because I was looking for a quite place to call into a conference call with a client. While the boys were sitting there waiting for my call to end Nik spotted Leo chatting with some other people. I also spotted Patrick Norton, Leo's partner on the Screen Savers, Call for help and my favorite podcast TWit standing near Leo. Next thing I know, Nik and grabbing Alex so the two of them can go an introduce themselves to Leo. Leo also introducted them both to Patrick and Nik ended up chatting with Patrick for about 5 minutes. Alex even get a picture of Nik and Patrick. We then walked through the exibit hall. There were quite a few products being introduced for making personal podcastes. It was fun to be in the middle of so much energy surrounding this new technology and new community.

No comments: