Friday, July 15, 2005

Medical update 3

Poor little Catie is now in the hospital. The docs sent her in after seeing her this afternoon. She still can't keep anything down and now has skin blotches on her hands and feet. At one point they thought she might have Menengitis, but that diagnosis seems to have been eliminated. They are still doing some tests, but they are really focusing on getting her fully hydrated, and pumping her full of anti-biotics. I feel so bad for my little Toonie, she hasn't eaten since Monday and can't keep even water down for more that a few minutes. She has been poked and prodded more than any 10 year old should have to be.

Chris is spending the night with her at the hospital, while I am home with the boys. Nik and Alex really made me proud yeserday. Just after Caties ambulence pulled away from the house they came up to me and said they wanted to buy her a get well present of a new TV. I suggested that she already had a TV but that she would love an iPod shuffle. They loved that suggestion and sent me off first thing this morning to pick it up on my way to work. I brought it home, we got it all charged and sync'd with her music. The boys will put it all back in the orriginal packaging and hope to give it to her tomorrow morning when we go to visit her. They really love their little sister. Chris has no idea this is all in the works, she will be equally proud of them.

We don't know for sure if Catie will be released from the hospital tomorrow, but we are hoping. Our vacation plans which are set to begin on Saturday are looking like a long shot at this point. I already told the kids we can reschedule the trip for a later time. Right now we just want out little girl back in good health.

No comments: